(keitai-l) Re: SmartPhones will kill consumer PDAs?

From: Paul Hardy <pjh_at_bushcat.com>
Date: 05/05/03
The main problem with the "phone as PDA" model is that no phone I've
used will sync in any meaningful manner with my computer. My Palm OS
device, however, synchs just fine. I'm currently wading through the
Interface From Hell on a Toshiba phone, and it's clearly had little
sensible usability testing. How can major Japanese corporations
routinely market devices that can't synch with anything, which cannot be
backed up and restored in any meaningful manner, and which don't allow
some data to be removed from the phone under any circumstances? The
likes of Toshiba and Sharp have PDA divisions, so one would imagine
these companies, at least, would have a clue.