(keitai-l) Re: SmartPhones will kill consumer PDAs?

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 05/05/03
Paul Hardy wrote:
> The main problem with the "phone as PDA" model is that no phone I've
> used will sync in any meaningful manner with my computer.

Try the Nokia 9110, 9210 series stuff. Has synced just fine through for
instance Outlook (which is the ONLY thing I use Outlook aka LookOut for)
for many years. I believe the SonyEricsson P800 and other high end
Nokias do this these days too - although I never bothered to set it up.
For the hacker type people I think KitchenSync&CO are starting to take
fair shape...

> My Palm OS
> device, however, synchs just fine. I'm currently wading through the
> Interface From Hell on a Toshiba phone, and it's clearly had little
> sensible usability testing.

In my experience, many new phones/PDAs also require a bleading edge
laptop (BlueTooth etc) and the very latest Outlook plus Windows (which
in turn eats serious CPU time) in order to sync. Rather annoying IMHO.

				/ Jonas
-- =

Jonas Petersson |  XMS Penvision  | mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Holmbrogr=E4nd 1, S-600 03 Norrk=F6ping | http://www.xms.se/
Tel: +46 (0)11 244805 | Fax: +46 (0)11 244809