(keitai-l) Re: Earthquake Noopie for your Keitai...

From: Malcolm James <mj_at_translation.co.jp>
Date: 05/12/03
Dirk Rösler said:
> Seriously, I briefly saw the headline somewhere "mobile phones used to
> send SARS alerts" in HK or whatever. Some guy makes money by sending
> these alerts out. I don't know whether they reported because they
> thought it is a really good idea or a really stupid idea...

Here's one article on the subject:
***********************************
And since last month, Hong Kong residents have been able to dial a number on
their mobile phones to get free SARS-related data. The service determines
the caller's location and sends a text message containing addresses of
buildings within 1,000 meters that have reported severe acute respiratory
syndrome infections.
[Sunday Communications] said that in the first week of its SARS service,
16,000 of its 650,000 Hong Kong subscribers used it.
http://www.iht.com/articles/95167.html

HTH

Malcolm
Malcolm James
Fontaine Limited, Kyoto
Japanese to English translation by native speakers
web: http://www.translation.co.jp