(keitai-l) Re: KDDI CDMA2000 1x QOS

From: Tom Motoyoshi Kalland <tmk_at_infeline.org>
Date: 05/15/03
giovanni,

i can only tell from my own experience, but..

talk time is about the same as the pdc phones. standby time is slightly
shorter i guess (200-300 hours or so, vs 350-450 hours or whatever). i
dont find it too much of a problem though. quality on voice doesnt really
help when the person in the other end is talking into a docomo phone. ive
never had random cut offs. data quality seems good. i usually seem to get
the advertised 144kbps, though i dont use a timer to check.

in short; its heaven compared to the gprs/gsm i had to fight with back
"home" in europe. u dont feel any "3G-problems" like with the earlier
foma handsets etc.

.tmk