(keitai-l) Re: sorry if this sounds stupid...

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 05/18/03
 >Good gracious, what a ...

I deeply apologize for having caused offence.

What I meant is, that Japanese mobile phones always come with tons
of manuals, which explain a lot. Also there are a lot of online
resources.

For the A1301S there are several websites with FAQs, pdfs, downloads,
pictures etc, both on the KDDI site, and on the SONY-Ericsson site.
For a start check out:

http://www.sonyericsson.co.jp/product/au/a1301s/
http://www.au.kddi.com/seihin/kinobetsu/seihin/a1301s/index.html

also see "independent" discussions here:
http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/article/news_toppage/12978.html
and here:
http://www.zdnet.co.jp/mobile/0302/28/n_1301s.html

JAVA capability is marketed by KDDI/AU as "ezplus". So you
have to check out whether the A1301s is listed in the
catalogues as "ezplus" - it is not. Therefore you can't
download JAVA applets to the A1301s. AU phones which
handle JAVA applets are for example the A5303H, or
A5305K, or A5302CA, or A5301T and many more.

Hope this is more helpful this time...

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/