(keitai-l) Re: 505i series and turn-type keitai

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 05/22/03
>> Some of DoCoMo's consultants:
>> http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=38&p=10&l=en#c
>> convinced me that I should upgrade my phone as soon as possible
>> to one of the new 505i ones. I already decided for the P505i.
> Well, if you ever need an independent opinion, there are plenty of
> consulting shops in my neighbourhood (Dogenzaka 2-chome) where a more
> unbiased consultant can give you advice for the usual consulting rate
> 8000-12,000 yen per hour.

Better not, they only want to pull my Keitai to my ankles.
Not sure what this has to do with consulting.

> But why did you chose the Panasonic? And what did you think of the
> Fujitsu and the Sharp? Does the fingerprint reader on the Fujitsu have
> any point?

My fingers are maybe not pointy enough to use it properly.

Why I go for the P505i:

* It's a flip type (the keys are protected).
* It has a huge keypad, just perfect for my big, unpointy fingers.
* It is flat, much flatter than the others and very ergonomically
  shaped, it feels well in the hand.
* It's well balanced.
* It's responsive.
* It has the push button to open it with a click. The fastest
  way to access the protected key pad. It's also improved compared to
  the P504i, where you need 2 steps to open it fully.
* The push button makes a good janken replacement...who opens
  first, doesn't have to pay the round.
* The push button makes a great weapon to get lazy programmers
  to work.
* The interface is quite good.
* It has chat mail, just perfect if you have a chatty girlfriend
  (like my last one, who wrote me 200 emails a day and expected as
   much replies - no joke!).
  (Sorry that I kicked you from my chat list, Curt, but you are
  somehow no replacement for her. Even you have long hair. Don't sob.)
* You can use different fonts and font sizes.

There are a couple of more reasons, but this is the phone which
I like most as my personal one. It doesn't mean that we don't
buy the others, but more for testing and evaluation reasons than
for own use.

I can not talk for Tom, he seems to be in love with some older
refurbished SO503i and wishes he could turn back the time ;)

If you run, you can go to the Business Show today (until 5pm @ Tokyo
Big Site) to get your fingers on all of them. It's best to choose the
right one for you if you actually try them all.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp