(keitai-l) Re: earthquake, but no noopie

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 05/27/03
    Don't talk about decibels.... Let me just scream
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ok that's it.

    I don't like the way the N504i implements decibels!!!  It sounds weird and makes no sense!
And its not documented anywhere I can find.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    Why don't we talk about some other more fun unitless quantity.
Is Viscosity unitless...  I think so ... and its more fun then decibels.
Or is it Reynold's number?  No its probably Reynold's number.

Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Mon, 26 May 2003, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>
> > (Though that doesn't stop people treating decibels as units.)
>
> Most people, when talking about "decibels" in everyday use, are talking
> about dbA, which are units. (They're directly convertable to Pascals.)
>
> The ones you look at on the meters on your tape machine are also units:
> dbM (convertable to millivolts and whatever you use to measure the
> magnetic strength on tape. (I have, thank god, switched to hard disk
> digital recording and forgotten most everything I know about tape
> recorders.)
>
> cjs
> --
> Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org
>     Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light.  --XTC
>
> This mail was sent to address paul.lester@lincmedia.co.jp

Paul B. Lester
thetamusic.com(有)
Chief Engineer