(keitai-l) Re: Usage triggers

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 05/30/03
Johan Bengtsson wrote:
> Are there other triggers in the Japanese market that we in Europe can
> learn from?

I am not sure you want to hear this: "deai-clubs"...
don't know how to say in English, something like:
"find-a-partner-for-a-variety-of-activities-sites"

Actually, these deai sites are not what they seem to be.
The other day I talked with a lady in a Starbuck, when I asked
her what her job was, she said "uso no shigoto", which means
something like "work of lies": she worked as an employee of a
"deai site", and her job was to be a fictional girl-friend to
about 30 or 40 guys, i.e. she pretended to fall in love on-line
with about 30-40 guys, trying to keep them interested in her
for as long as possible. I asked her why she did that job:
she saves money for a several months vacation trip to the US.
She had 3 or 4 girl friends along doing the same job:
4 x 40 = 160 guys waiting for a BIG disappointment somewhere
down the line....

So: Johan, do you like to introduce this business model in Europe?

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html