(keitai-l) Usage triggers

From: Johan Bengtsson <johan_at_doberman.se>
Date: 05/30/03
Hi all,

I'm a business developer working in the European market. I'm interested
in which kind of usage triggers, something that trigger the user to
engage in a mobile internet experience, that exist in the Japanese
market.

I read 'Key Technological Trajectories and the Expansion of Mobile
Internet Applications' by professor Jeff Funk (very interesting reading
Jeff, thanks for sharing) and I'm seeing more of those triggers in the
Japanese market compared to the European one.

The triggers that I've spotted include:
- Extensive use of newsletters and alerts with links to mobile internet
pages

- Physical catalogues that markets services

- Advertisement for mobile internet services in newspapers

Are there other triggers in the Japanese market that we in Europe can
learn from?

Cheers,
Johan