(keitai-l) Re: 3 strategy vs Ntt DoCoMo Foma

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/06/03
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Giovanni Bertani wrote:

> It is greatly disappointing that "3" have decided basically join
> in the voice minute price war rather than focus on all the mobile
> services - especially video calls - that "3" offers....

> At 3 maybe they don't believe that content and services can drive
> their business. Probably because EU market is not yet ready for
> advanced content services as the JP is.

I'd say that's what it looks like. And it doesn't seem like such an
unreasonable decision to me. Cheaper voice is likely to attract far
more customers than video, simply because everybody already uses voice
services already.

From a marketing point of view, I think it makes perfect sense to,
whatever you do, make sure that the think people think of when they
think of your company is "cheaper than the competition."

> Is this a boomerang?
> Looks like it is the opposite approach than Ntt DoCoMo with FOMA...

And I suspect that they're hoping to have the opposite amount of
success, too. :-)

cjs