(keitai-l) Re: Statistics

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/07/03
Mark, you can get some of the basic usage data directly from the
carriers, e.g. # of users, how much email each user sends/day,
ARPU for data/voice, webaccess, etc. You can also buy a number
of books and reports - just go to one of the better book shops
and look in the i-mode/internet section. As usual in Japan most
of data are only presented in Japanese, and the information
accessible in English is "the tip of the iceberg". Detailed
access data & statistics are only available commercially, i.e.
you'll have to pay for these data.

Hope this helps

Gerhard

Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> where can I find statistics, preferably in English, on Keitai usage and
> Keitai web usage for all providers in Japan. Also, if anyone knows a good
> resource for Internet usage staistics, not just Keitai, that would be much
> appreciated. Cheers.
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html