(keitai-l) Re: Quicktime now supports 3GPP standards - switching costs

From: Dirk Rösler <dirkREMOVE_at_tkm.att.ne.jp>
Date: 06/10/03
> By my experience now with iSync i can change my phone without any
> worry. Let's say from Nokia to Siemens to Sony Ericsson.
> I can throw away my Palm PDA and move to a smartphone.
> I can use a smaller phone and have my iPod for my calendar etc.
>
> This is a nightmare for any handset and keitai manufacturer...

Why is it a nightmare, do you have any data to back this up?

Switching works both ways, you may loose customers, but if you're doing
your job properly you may net gain a lot easier too. Also what you
don't want is a static handset market, me thinks.

Besides I thought address books stored on SIM cards do already support
easy switching.

Dirk