(keitai-l) Re: Usability on Japanese phones

From: Petri Ojala <ojala_at_iki.fi>
Date: 06/14/03
The early Motorola tri-band GSM phones had a very similar problem.  It made
life easier when travelling to the US from Europe as one could use the SIM
card from home, but it didn't make doing voice calls very easy and
sending/receive SMS messages was a great pain, practically impossible.
I haven't touched Motorola phones since then.

The user interface and various small features were also the reason why I
switched from Sony-Ericsson T68i to Nokia 6100 for my daily voice/SMS usage.
The T68i is a phone with fine specifications and a hard match for any Nokia,
but on a daily use it just didn't do it.

Nokia has definetly done some great work in the past with their user
interface but it's clear from the most recent phones and their interface
model isn't stretching well to cover all the new features the phone should
have.

Always when I see those colourful pictures of Japanese phones, I wonder how
the user interface is..

Petri