(keitai-l) Re: Usability on Japanese phones

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/16/03
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Tom Motoyoshi Kalland wrote:

> (1 click to load the
> never-to-be-used wap browser but 10 clicks to send an sms?!). ive never
> liked the interface of jp phones on the western market either.

You get just as much variety in the Japanese market as anywhere else, I
suspect.

I checked the weather report on my old F503i by pushing "1" followed by
the "i-mode" button, which called up the page marked by the bookmark I'd
assigned that number to.

On the SO504i, I click the "i-mode" button, scroll down five items in
the menu to get to the bookmarks item, press select, press select again
to enter the first bookmarks folder, press select again to select the
weather report bookmark, enjoy viewing the URL for as long as I wish
(usually about .0000037 seconds), and press select once more to actually
load that page.

Phew! I don't actually have to worry so much about checking the weather
any more, actually, because regardless of whether it's warm or cold out,
I'm guaranteed to be hot and sweaty after doing all that work.

cjs