(keitai-l) Re: Forrester: WI-FI is going to crash

From: Shawn <javajunkie_at_koyuru.com>
Date: 06/21/03
 Is that really correct -- don't have the data anymore, but my impression
wasn't that rosy. I understood they were just approaching break even and
everyone was wondering whether their big competitor was going to go after
market share via the price game - pushing them back.

> Yahoo Japan, an aggressive ADSL access provider that you can see their
> sales staffs at every street corners, says its break-even point is 2 mln
> subscribers.  they now have 2.7 mln customers at the monthly fee of USD
> 20.
>
> I know there are a lot of ways one can operate a hot-spot network, but
> does anyone know any break-even point calculations?
>
> --
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/