(keitai-l) Re: Forrester: WI-FI is going to crash

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 06/24/03
Debi

Just some questions:

Is this technology requiring something different on the client
side than WLAN?

How you can pass from 50  meters of WLAN to 9 km?

Is the power needed for this technology compatible with
existing batteries technology?

Is this WI-FI using hi-power microwaves?

Has this been tested for interference and health related issues?

I know about long-range versions of WI-FI for fixed use but still
I haven't seen any mature technology for long range cellular
coverage. Maybe this is one...

Giovanni  Bertani