(keitai-l) Re: outdoor

From: Alex Young <alex_at_mo-style.com>
Date: 07/09/03
Maria,

In Australia, Nokia and Ericsson have released "outdoor" phones with rubber
around the casing, sometimes waterproof rubber over the buttons and built to be
shock resistant.  These models - Nokia 5100 and 5210 and the Ericsson R310s are
the only ones I can remember so far.

As for popularity.. in Australia they were quite well received by builders and
tradesmen and you can usually see them dangling from the belt of these type of
workmen.  Not so popular with city people but for middle age men and people who
lived rural/farming lifestyles (quite common in Australia) they were very
practical in design.

As for other parts of Asia.. I know that these models were/are available in
Hong Kong but I doubt they were strong sellers.

Alex Young