(keitai-l) phone cam troubles

From: Justin Hall <justin_at_bud.com>
Date: 07/10/03
Hello Keitai-L -

I've been following some of the reports of mobile phone cam troubles =
posted
to this list.  Entertaining stuff!  Saudi Arabia has already banned =
phone
cams, since they were being used by men to photograph women on the sly.
CamPhones have been banned from health clubs and locker rooms in the =
United
Kingdom.  In Australia, court rooms want them left outside, to protect
witnesses.

Japan has had mobile phone cameras before all of these countries.

I have an assignment from TheFeature.com to write about Japan's early
response to these issues.  What kind of rules, laws, or technologies =
have
been used in Japan to try to control people with connected cameras?

My deadline is next Wednesday.  Here are some samples of my recent =
articles:

http://www.links.net/share/write/

Thanks for your time,

Justin