(keitai-l) Re: iAppli Piracy

From: Brunson, Jeff <jeff.brunson_at_attws.com>
Date: 07/15/03
A very simple DRM solution has been a key component of i-mode since =
launch, and it is
controlled by the content provider.  If the content provider chooses to =
protect=20
a file (eg. GIF, JPEG, MIDI, JAVA) that a user downloads,
forwarding out of the receiving device--by any means
(eg infrared, messaging, etc)-- is not possible. =20

My understanding is that the method used is simpler
than that defined by OMA (though I would be interested in hearing =
comments from CPs
who have experience both.)