(keitai-l) Re: Moblog Appli

From: J. David Beutel <jdb_at_getsu.com>
Date: 07/22/03
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Sam Joseph wrote:

> Right so I finally got my moblog appli to work - I can now post blog
> articles including photos from my Sharp 505.  There is one setback at
> the moment, which is that the 505 is limited to 10240bytes in its POSTs,
> and the resolution on the phone camera is so high, that the base64
> encoding of the photo can't fit in the POST.

Congratulations!  So after all, DoJa 3 has access to the high-resolution
photos.  I might come to regret my hasty AU purchase.  Do you have to take
the picture from within the appli, or can the appli access old photo
files?

> I can't see any easy way to compress the photo or spread it over two
> posts .... hmm that makes me think I could send the image in parts and
> then reassemble using cunning html hmm ....

I don't know anything about DoJa, but I'd try to send the photo file in
parts over separate, well-formed HTTP posts, and then reassemble it on the
server.  I wouldn't try to compress the photo file any further, altho I'd
make sure not to send the uncompressed image.  Hacking the transfer
encoding sounds maintenance-prone.

11011011