(keitai-l) keitai etiquette?

From: Marcela Christina Musgrove Ch. <marcela_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 08/05/03
Thanks for all the responses about email vs. SMS. I guess it was more involved
than I thought. I was also wondering about keitai etiquette. Obviously
regulations say you can't talk on the trains, but I was wondering what it took
to get to that point since I read about a time when it was a problem. Were
there protests? Angry letters to the train company? Is it still considered a
problem in other public places like restaurants or theatres or libraries or has
texting become so predominant there's no need for regulation in these spaces?
Are there any rules about keitai use while driving?
Thanks
Marcela