(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo posts profit on 3G

From: Andrea Hoffmann <egis_at_egis.co.jp>
Date: 08/09/03
Hi,

Ouch, this one hurts. "DoCoMo posts profit on 3G" ?! I thought CNN knows
better ;-)

Of course, DoCoMo like any 3G operator in the world would *wish* to "post a
profit on 3G" today! They will eventually, but today the costs for the new
infrastructure are still by far larger than the 3G related revenue that is
coming in. Although the FOMA subscriber growth is picking up recently, they
still only have 7 (!) percent of KDDI's 3G userbase (and this is also a
quote from the CNN article -- which means that if DoCoMo already posts a
profit on 3G which such a small user number, KDDI must be astronomically
rich by now).

If anything has helped DoCoMo as a cash-cow, its their 2.5G PDC i-mode
service.

Let's use our heads before repeating non-sense statements like that one on
keitai-l (^.^)

Cheers,
Andrea
--