(keitai-l) Re: AW: Long shot, but is short messaging a thousand years old?

From: Eric Hildum <EricHildum_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 08/11/03
Indeed. In fact if you look at some the Sherlock Holmes stories by A.
Doyle, you will see Holmes making use of the London mail to send
messages and expect to receive answers only a few hours later. At the
time, the post in London made as many as six deliveries a day, so it
was reasonable to expect that correspondence could be exchanged within
hours.

Eric