(keitai-l) Re: i-area , EZ navi, LBS popularity/usage

From: Jeffrey L. Funk <funk_at_iir.hit-u.ac.jp>
Date: 08/11/03
The LBS services currently provide very limited benefits to consumers. the
problem is that it cost about 10 yen to obtain and/or update one set of
location coordinates. There are more business applications but here
conventional GPS is much cheaper when the business person is using a car.
Currently the best applications for GPS are for business people who visit
customers via train. My forthcoming book from John Wiley devotes one
chapter to this subject.
jeff funk