(keitai-l) Re: Cookies and modern keitai

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 08/12/03
On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 12:57 PM, keitai-l@appelsiini.net wrote:

> If so I don't suppose anyone has an idea of percentage of active
> handsets
> that are cookie-enabled?

I don't have a definitive answer for this (none, I think) but I am
curious what you want to do that requires cookies, rather than the
usual workaround of passing session identifiers over the url, in
conjunction with the uid number that most (imode, not sure about
others) phones send.....

Personally I would prefer not to have things (cookies) stored on my
phone that occupy memory as they would have to be grabbed off the phone
by the webpage - increasing network traffic and my phone bill. Far
better a phone sends an uid, and the rest happens server side....

Nick