(keitai-l) Three trying to stop the 3G "haemorragy"

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 08/01/03
Despite the recently announcements,
Three seams to have serious problems.

Here are the last decisions regarding
the Italian (The most important for them):

Service will be stopped to people using
USIM with their contracts with 2G phones in
permanent roaming over TIM  networks
instead of 3G phones using Three networks.

They will also stop the service to those
leaving in areas not yet covered by Three
Italian network (50% of the population)
and so obliged to use roaming in a
permanent way.

Three Italy is trying to prevent a dangerous
financial crisis originated by very high
costs of their users roaming over TIM network
(Telecom Italia Mobile) in a permanent way.

I wonder how happy the users will be in been
obliged to use the very bad and unreliable
Nec e606 or by seen their contract deactivated
because they leave in a not yet covered area...

Hutchison 3g users worldwide are now 520.000.
Italy is about 300.000, UK 155.000.

Three is supposed to introduce by year's end the
Motorola A385 phone (I really hope soon):

http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/m_a835.html

Ciao

Giovanni

giovanni bertani   mobile vas consultant and analyst
exsense verona italy