(keitai-l) Media readers and linux

From: Thomas O'Dowd <tom_at_nooper.com>
Date: 09/04/03
Hi all,

Ever since I got the SH505i, I've been looking for a good media reader
so I could download my pics etc to my linux box. Finally went to
Akihabara yesterday and found one that worked. Thought I'd share just in
case there was anyone else in the same boat.

I bought the a IWILL CR620. It handles 6 different types of smart media
and is USB2.0. To get it to work on linux (kernel 2.4.20) was pretty
simple. Just plug in, have a read through dmesg to find the device name
and then just mount.

The website is:
http://www.iwill.net/products/ProductLV2.asp?vID=185&SID=128&MID=25

Ah, right, it was only 3000 yen too. I bought it in plathome. Map to the
place is: http://www.plathome.co.jp/about/map/image/map_big.gif
I went to the place closer to Akihabara station.

It doesn't say that it supports linux but it works a charm.

Cheers,

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd  - Got a keitai? Get Nooped!
tom_at_nooper.com - http://nooper.com