(keitai-l) Re: Hacking Java sites

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 09/04/03
Jason Pollard wrote:

>There's no docomo 3g pc card in jp??

I know docomo produces different kinds of wireless modems, but I had
assumed they just gave you direct connection to the internet - not a
restricted connection to an official portal.

I guess you are right that if these docomo cards displayed the same ip
addresses as the phones then you couldn't filter them out - but are they
the same?

I mean part of the reason for making these statements is to be
contradicted by someone who's actually done this...

So assuming that there was no way to distinguish between docomo phones
and docomo wireless cards on the basis of IP address - you'd still have
to get access to the official content menu or phones on your wireless
card ... has anybody done this?  I would have thought you needed inside
information about what that URL is ...

CHEERS> SAM