(keitai-l) AW: Re: docomo spam- finally found me

From: Sven Kilian <sven_at_kilian-nakamura.com>
Date: 09/09/03
Hi,

I agree with Ken. Maybe I am too naive, but I don't believe that shop owners
send an e-mail and then delete the sent item in order to collect addresses.
Thats very far-fetched, especially in Japan. Just remember the anti-spam
campaigns from companies like J-Phone about 2 years ago. This kind of stuff
would never happen in Europe.

Of course Mobile Marketing is an issue and there is spam as well...but in
Japan its not "cool" to find clever ways to spam people. Just compare the
Japanese Web with, lets say the US one.

As for my own experience: I have had the same address now for 2 years and I
hardly get spam (maybe 1x/month). Is it because I did not go to the shop and
change my phone ??? ;-)

Sven