(keitai-l) Creating new DoJa UI Components

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 09/17/03
Hi All,

I've been working on making a little Gauge display for DoJa, you know
the kind that tells you how far you are through a download process etc.

Anyway, I was pleased to find that by creating the appropriate package,
I was able to get a gauge thing working in 505 and 504 emulators:

com.nttdocomo.ui.Gauge

However when I load it on to my SH505 I get an "alpha
error" message.  I've tried the precise same appli with and without my
gauge and it seems like it is the presence of my gauge that is causing
the error.

This seems like a real shame, as being able to create new UI components
would be extremely convenient, but I guess there's some barrier to it on
the phone such as a restriction on using the com.nttdocomo.* classes or
something else.

I was wondering if anyone else had ever tried this sort of thing,
experienced the same sort of error.

Thanks in advance.

CHEERS> SAM