(keitai-l) Re: Creating new DoJa UI Components

From: Jason Pollard <jasonpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 09/17/03
Hi Sam,

I don't think you can create your own components because:
1.  All the ui classes that extend Component are final, so can't themselves be
extended.
2.  You can implement your own Component, but you have to add it to a Panel to
be useful.  Unlike the Canvas, Panel has no paint(), so there's no way to
describe how your Component is rendered.  Your alpha error is probably the VM
trying to call the native paint() equivalent of your component, which doesn't
exist.  Or not.

It's probably because they wanted to keep the API's as small as possible,
because you can extend and implement your own components quite easily in AWT.

--jason