(keitai-l) Re: Creating new DoJa UI Components

From: Reto Grob <rgrob_at_klab.org>
Date: 09/17/03
Hi Sam,

> Since the com.nttdocomo.ui.Component paint() method is private to the
> com.nttdocomo.ui package I can't override it by creating my "Gauge
> extends Component" in another package, such as com.neurogrid.ui

How do you know that it is Component.paint()? Did you just try it out
and it worked on the emulator or some phones?

Because I cannot see it in the official Docomo API descriptions, it
means it is an unofficial internal implementation. Private
implementations may vary over various phones, so you cannot be sure that
it will work on all phones (you may be lucky tough).

> There are certain other key things I can only access locally to that
> package, that makes it look to me like docomo has explcitly set it up so
> that you can't create new ui components ....

What can you do when using the com.nttdocomo package?

Cheers,
Reto