(keitai-l) Re: Creating new DoJa UI Components

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 09/17/03
Curt Sampson wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Sam Joseph wrote:
>

>>One problem with changing the package name is that prevents my
>>Gauge class from accessing various package-scoped variable in the
>>com.nttdocomo.ui package, some of which seem quite important to
>>getting the Gauge to work.
>>

>Or maybe that just fixes the problem that your Gauge would break under
>a new version of the library. :-)
>
>You should be safe (using a class outside that package and) extending
>classes under com.nttodocmo.ui and using anything you have access to.

If only it were so simple.

Since the com.nttdocomo.ui.Component paint() method is private to the
com.nttdocomo.ui package I can't override it by creating my "Gauge
extends Component" in another package, such as com.neurogrid.ui

There are certain other key things I can only access locally to that
package, that makes it look to me like docomo has explcitly set it up so
that you can't create new ui components ....

Unless I'm missing something obvious that is ....

CHEERS> SAM