(keitai-l) Re: I finally bought a 505i....

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 09/22/03
An F eh?

the 64=E4=B8=87=E5=86=86 question - what is that fingerprint thingy =
useful for? have you played the pet game it ships with (I think i-freek =
developed it)
http://www.i-freek.co.jp/service/mobile.html

//  The UI is pretty good overall, reminding me much more of a Panasonic
//  UI than the old Fujitsu ones. No complaints there! The text input =
has
//  switched to the standard method all the 505s seem to use, using a =
button
//  to switch between upper and lower case, and staying in that case =
until
//  the button is pressed again. Small tsu and so on are also selected =
by
//  choosing a large tsu and pushing the case button. The one real =
annoyance

that's neat - my SH does that too, didn't know.

I switched from a P504is to a SH505, and the one thing i really miss is =
the ability to go -backwards- on text entry. I am often zooming past a =
'gana (eg =E3=81=82=E3=81=88=E3=81=86=E3=81=84=E3=80=80when i wanted =
=E3=81=86 ) and the P has a button you can go back one char. Is there a =
standard for this at all?

//  The sound is fantastic, with some amazing built-in ringtones. It =
even
//  does very convincing voice effects, to the point of having singing =
in
//  songs. The one that really had me on the floor was the ringtone that
//  sounds like a modem connecting.

the N i think is the only 505 with a yamaha MA5, which has =
text-to-speech. someone is messing around with it in my office, and the =
robot (remember talking moose?) speech coming out is quite disturbing!

//  Now to the slow display. There are definitely times when it doesn't
//  render as fast as one would hope. It's especially noticable when =
you've

the F is the only one with an app co-processor right? the benchmarks i =
saw ran java graphics pretty fast. strange it doesn't apply to native =
apps like the font renderer. or maybe they just have bad code for that =
particular part if the scrolling works fine.

either way, you're just in time for the 505is!

/dc