(keitai-l) Re: I finally bought a 505i....

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/24/03
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, dc wrote:

> the 64=E4=B8=87=E5=86=86 question - what is that fingerprint thingy =
> useful for? have you played the pet game it ships with (I think i-freek =
> developed it)

Hmm. Looks like you have some encoding problems you need to deal with.
Anyway, I've not played the game yet, but I do use the fingerprint
reader for authentication. It can be used pretty much anywhere where
you'd normally have to put in your phone's PIN. It's marginally more
convenient, but not amazingly so.

I do wish that the keypad lock mode could be turned on automatically,
rather than having to turn it on manually. There are privacy settings
that can be turned on automatically after a timeout, but they don't
actually stop someone from making calls or anything like that.

> I switched from a P504is to a SH505, and the one thing i really miss is =
> the ability to go -backwards- on text entry. I am often zooming past a =
> 'gana (eg =E3=81=82=E3=81=88=E3=81=86=E3=81=84=E3=80=80when i wanted =
> =E3=81=86 ) and the P has a button you can go back one char. Is there a =
> standard for this at all?

On mine you can use the mail button (to the lower right of the arrow
keys) to scroll back when using the 5-push input mode. Is that what
you're talking about? I wouldn't be surprised if the other 505s worked
the same way; Docomo seems to have standardized a lot on these things.

> either way, you're just in time for the 505is!

Is there even going to be one? I'd heard rumours that this series was
going to be the last of the mova phones. Though the FOMA ones really
need a lot of work to catch up....

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org