(keitai-l) Re: QP? mobile-camera-readable barcode-type thing

From: <Martyn_Williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 09/28/03
Hi Justin,

I think you mean a QR Code:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=%22qr+code%22

I know at least one model of Sharp handset from J-Phone has a reader built
in and I guess there is a Java app to download for other handsets. In
principle its a great idea because it means you can easily input
information into your cellphone, such as name and phone number or web site
address, but the problem is building some momentum so it becomes more
common. I'm not sure that will happen.

Martyn

                      "Justin Hall"
                      <justin@bud.com>         To:       keitai-l@appelsiini.net
                                               cc:       (bcc: Martyn Williams/NEWS SERVICE/IDG)
                      09/28/03 15:59           Subject:  (keitai-l) QP?  mobile-camera-readable barcode-type thing
                      Please respond to
                      keitai-l

Hello Keitai-L -

Today I was handed a business card from someone in Tokyo with a pixellated
square patch in the corner of the card that I'm told is readable by a
mobile
phone camera.  The contact information of the business card is contained in
that barcode-like pattern, they said.  They call it "QP" ?

I can't find much trace of it on the web - I'm not sure that I have my
facts
straight.  Any idears here?

Thanks,

Justin