(keitai-l) Re: Is KDDI 3G (10 milion users) winning over DoCoMo Foma?

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 10/07/03
> Surely that doesn't use any bandwidth at all - it just has a TV tuner
> and picks up the standard broadcast signal?

This prototype:

http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=43&p=21&l=en

has a second antenna, so you could be right. But I guess that
the reception is extremely bad in a train or in tunnels,
so I doubt they rely only on a standard broadcast.

But this one:

http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=42&p=2&l=en

is a standard FOMA phone N2102V phone and we watched TV and made
jokes about the differences between the TV image (background)
and the Keitai image, because it was 16:9 ratio compressed
into 4:3 format. Makes you slim. I could need that.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp