(keitai-l) Re: Is KDDI 3G (10 milion users) winning over DoCoMo Foma?

From: Benedict Evans <ben_at_ben-evans.com>
Date: 10/07/03
If I were you I'd be careful saying 'can't', give that Vodafone are
saying that for them it can.

As regards growth in cellular traffic; just because everyone has a
phone, that doesn't mean the market is anywhere near saturated. There's
currently 3-5 times more voice traffic originating on fixed networks
than on mobile networks in most European markets. That is unlikely to be
the case in 10 years.

-Benedict

>In Europe, 3G investments can't be justified simply with a capacity
increase
>or OPEX reduction, also because in most countries (Nordic, but also
Italy),