(keitai-l) Re: Is KDDI 3G (10 milion users) winning over DoCoMo Foma?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/10/03
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Giorgio Andreoli wrote:

> Conversely, having a low-quality voice is probably the most powerful
> factor holding back people from throwing their fixed line in favour of
> mobile.

I don't find this so plausable. Some people will happy live with
low-quality voice if it saves them a reasonable amount of money: were
this not so, why would long-distance operators offer an "economy" option
with lower voice quality at less cost? (Take a look at Brastel's plans
for an example of this.)

I suspect what's more holding people back is cost. Of the non-geeky
friends I've seen switch to wireless-only, they switched by realizing,
after using a phone and a landline for a while, that the landline was
costing them more than what it would cost just to do all their talking
on the wireless.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org