(keitai-l) Re: J2ME extensions ?

From: Fabio Parri <parrif_ibb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/16/03
Hi Dc,

Thanks for your kind answers. It's nice to hear games will get bigger and bigger soon. I guess those smart cards Jap phones use will soon start to be used as game storage devices (uhm, maybe not, though, as in this way piracy would be made easier...)

I didn't know about 'signed' midlets. I looked about them a little on the net and it seems an interesting idea
I've found a page about postpet here: http://www.postpet.so-net.ne.jp/
Interesting, seems a sort of blend between a tamagotchi style game and a mail/messaging client. Can you elaborate a little bit about it ?

Bowlingual API's ? Man, it's a strange world...

dc <dc@gamelet.com> wrote:

already jphone (+doja3) apps have access to much secure data if signed - eg
postpet can get to the phone's address book, mailer functions. but the
"lookup last dialled numbers" seems like a special VF Xtension, just like
they had "read signal strength" and "read incoing caller ID" before, around
the time of the SH-07 and the ura-ra java machiuke. VF and D both jumped the
gun on midp2 signed midlets, but VF may converge back with the JSR specs...

BowLingual extension should be part of the VF api from now :-)

/dc

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam