(keitai-l) Re: games

From: Fabio Parri <parrif_ibb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/18/03
That's probably right. Even though, many people, including me and some of my friends, doesn't seem to understand the need to own such a midlet, when you can find free updated news by just browsing a news wap site.

It'd be interesting to investigate what are the factors at play in having people decide how to access news. Until now: Sense of Ownership, Cost, Accessibility (having a midlet doing it all is easier).

Any others ?

Tom Hume <tom@futureplatforms.com> wrote:
There's also the ability to have more control over the user
experience... but I've heard a comment from a UK operator who's recently
started selling browsable content in a J2ME "package" that such
downloads are popular because they're a more familiar model ("I buy
something and it lives on my phone") than the notion of subscribing for
access to content, and generate more of a sense of ownership.

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 00:31, Jon Ellis wrote:
> Mathew Smith wrote:
>
> > Why would someone use an i-appli rather than the browser to do this - surely its functionally identical or am I missing something?
>
> I suppose it does have the possibility of sending less over
> the network (after the initial download). With a browser
> there is some overhead of the markup on top of the
> content... Still, i'd be surprised if that overhead was more
> than 10% of the total size.
>
> j.
>

> This mail was sent to address tom@futureplatforms.com
Future Platforms Ltd.