(keitai-l) Re: Viewing Emails (JIS) sent from Keitai on Net Nav/IE Browser

From: Brian Feeney <feeneyb_99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/23/03
Ben,
Thanks for the link.
This other link mentions a JIS encoding scheme, but I
am not sure how reliable it is.
http://www.io.com/~kazushi/encoding/#jis
For a practical example: if I choose the menu option
'Format->Encoding->Japanese(JIS)' when composing a MS
Outlook mail, and send this to a Yahoo account and
attempt to view this on an MS-IE or Net-Nav browser
with encoding set to Auto-select, then neither the
Message nor the Subject is readable (kanji or moji
characters fail - English characters are ok).
If I select the Japanese (EUC) option, then the
message is displayed correctly, but the Subject is
not.
The same problem occurs when sending from a DoCoMo
P504i keitai.
Is there a way of viewing these messages completely?
I tried this with 2 PCs -(MS 2000 with English and
Japanese OS).
In terms of displayed EMoji, the EMoji I sent from a
PS504i was displayed as a '=' sign.

Brian