(keitai-l) Re: N-Gage not selling well?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/26/03
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 nfgman@gamesx.com wrote:

> From all the negative comments and press Nokia received pre-
> launch I can only surmise that Nokia's either got an ace in the
> hole (And it ain't software or hardware) or they've got an
> alarmingly misplaced faith in the device....
> The only chance the N-Gage has, IMHO, is as a platform that
> will see less ludicrous successors.

Well, this is not actually an unusual business strategy. Japanese
companies do this all the time: release a three or four versions of a
device before they finally get it right. It's basically just rather
expensive but extremely accurate market research.

That said, I don't think it would be so hard to find a few hundred
gamers, give them a prototype N-Gage and a GBA, and ask them to explain
what's wrong with each.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org