(keitai-l) linking TVs and phones

From: Jeffrey L. Funk <funk_at_iir.hit-u.ac.jp>
Date: 10/29/03
the october 20 Nikkei Shinbun has a short article entitled:  Cybird's
Robert Hori discusses simple method for receiving TV information on mobile
phones (I tried sending the Japanese title but it caused the mail to be
rejected). Robert Hori claims that TV viewers can receive a mail message
(from his firm) containing information about TV programs or commercials
merely by pointing an infrared-capable mobile phone (504 or 505) at the TV.
I had heard the iRDA protocol used in these phones was not a standard item
in televisions but Hori's article suggests otherwise. Anybody know anything
about this?
Jeff Funk