(keitai-l) Re: AW: port of i-mode to other cultures

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/04/03
On Nov 4, 2003, at 12:36 PM, keitai-l@appelsiini.net wrote:

> First of
> all, there has got to be less browsing because the amount of
> information
> available in Japanese must be far less than that of English, as English
> is somewhat of a universal language.

  Why stop at the web? By this logic the amount of reading of books and
magazines in Japan "must" be far less than in English speaking
countries because... -  etc. etc.

  There has been some talk of browing the web for "information". And
many  do.. But when you have a realworld  5megaBYTE/second download
capability*, it is more movies, songs and - well - for high speed pr0n
Japan leads the world.... (I is  weliably  informed....)

*QTnet engineers quoted  me  a realworld  speed  of  40megabits/s on
their  light  fibre  connections..

  Nick