(keitai-l) Re: Two problems

From: Nikola Toshev <nik_at_blue-edge.bg>
Date: 11/19/03
> A. Consumers in Europe sometimes need to upgrade the OS on a handset (for
> various reasons - usually unstable OS delivered by handset manufacturer!).
> In doing so normally they lose any content items (ringtones, logos, java
> apps) that they have purchased previously and stored on the phone.

I have upgraded a Siemens GSM phone without losing anything. Most people
never upgrade the firmware of their phones as they never run into the
problems that are fixed with the upgrade, or they don't want to bother. To
the best of my knowledge, Siemens are the only manufacturer that releases
publicly on their site firmware upgrades for download by customers. For the
other phones, you have to bring the phone to a service point to get the
upgrade done.

Nik