(keitai-l) Re: KPN announced World's 1st prepaid i-mode service

From: John Whelan <john.whelan_at_alatto.com>
Date: 11/21/03
  From: keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net
[mailto:keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net]On Behalf Of Giorgio Andreoli
  Sent: 19 November 2003 15:02
  To: KEITAI-L@appelsiini.net
  Subject: (keitai-l) KPN announced World's 1st prepaid i-mode service

  (issued some days ago, but I didn't see this press on the list)

  On Nov. 11th 2003, KPN announced to be 1st Worldwide operator to support
prepaid users over i-mode (http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Nov2003/6068.htm)

  Features for prepaid subscribers:
    a.. Customer-friendly redirect to recharge web page upon low balance
    b.. Application level information so that services can measured for
uptake and charged based on the value of each service [?]
    c.. Real-time redirection and enforcement based on available funds to
ensure all revenue is captured.
    d.. Scalable prepaid offering able to handle the needs of one of Europe’
s leading mobile operators.
  Btw also Wind in Italy will support prepaid users since their launch
(today, 19 Nov).

  I expect prepaid support (combined with availability of new i-mode
terminals from Samsung, Siemens etc.) to boost i-mode sales in Europe.

  Giorgio