(keitai-l) Re: (OT) DVD players

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 11/22/03
I had wondered why DVDs even had a NTSC/PAL/SECAM tag on them as it
seemed irrelevant until I discovered this header information but there
is no reason why a player cannot ignore these headers and output DVD
content in any format. The key thing here is it is up to the player
manufacturer whether it will ignore the headers or not. I have two Sony
players that don't which is not surprising considering their ties with
the film industry.

I was out shopping the other day and saw a NTSC/PAL/SECAM, region-free
player for under ¥9,000 which is obviously the best way to go if you
want to enjoy film from elsewhere.

Kyle

--

http://pukupi.com