(keitai-l) Re: mobile phone for blind/partially sighted

From: Nikola Toshev <nik_at_blue-edge.bg>
Date: 11/24/03

> The first mobile phone designed specifically for blind and partially
> sighted people has gone on show in the UK.

My company has implemented vision substitution technology for the totally
blind that works on a sufficiently advanced Symbian-based mobile phone with
camera. We are ready to port it to Japanese keitai if we find an
organization to support it - please forward the following URL (in Japanese)
if you know somebody who can help:
http://blue-edge.bg/thevoice_jap.html

Besides, it might have a PR value for a keitai software company to organize
such support.

BBC News link describing the technology and mentioning mobile phone
implemnentation:

The homepage of the Symbian version is:
http://www.seeingwithsound.com/phone.htm

Nik