(keitai-l) Re: Nokia and Motorola to enter the Japanese market with Vodafone

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 12/03/03
Nick May wrote:
> While obviously sympathetic to the tone of general derision of your post,
> it WOULD be nice were one able to get an SSH session from one's phone.
>
> Some foreign phones can manage this, I gather

Some foreign phones have been able to do this for *many* years even.
Obviously my fairly old 9210 has it, but I'm pretty sure there was ssh
for the ancient 9110 too - as I ran my own modem pool (PM3) I just used
the standard telnet to a local box first (pretty safe in my own net) an
then ssh out in the world.

There was also VNC for the 9110 so you could even remote control your
Windoze boxen graphically if you wanted to.

		But I'm repeating myself / Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Västgötegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrköping | http://www.xms.se/